Tableau helps people see and understand data. Tableau are focused on a tool that supports data growth, enabling people to see insights. Tableau state that in 2020 the world will be generating 50 times the amount of data than 2011, turning opportunities into reality, giving people the power of data at their fingertips.
Tableau makes analysing data fast and easy, beautiful and useful. It’s a software for anyone and everyone.
Title: Tableau 2019.4 Updates
Tableau 2019.4 is here! Highlights include:
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator connector
- SAP HANA connector improvements (levelled hierarchy support)
- Partner-built connectors – Alibaba connector, Qubole connector, Kyvos connector
- Cloud file connectors for tableau Prep – Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive
IT & Governance
- Integrate Tableau with automated workflows in real-time
- Possibilities are endless!
- Sandboxed Extensions
- Disable network calls in extensions
- Streamlines development process
- Personal Access Tokens
- Provide individual users ability to create tokens for Tableau’s REST API
- No hardcoding credentials in plain text
Leverage machine learning to connect to personally relevant content and data
Sharing and Access
- Allow users to stay anonymous to one another
- Request Content Access
- Enables users to send a request message to content owners
- Sharing Content
- Share dashboards or views that have been modified
- Enter usernames to share with an email notification
Level AA Accessibility Compatibility
Includes improved navigation accessibility and compatibility with assistive technologies
Job Management UI improvements
Custom Welcome Banner for Tableau Server
Improved table support (increased column limit, horizontal scrolling, per-pane sorting)
Ask Data Improvements
- Enable or disable per site
- Categorised suggestions
- YoY, MoM calculations
- Link sharing
Explain Data Improvements
- Geospatial data
- Unvisualised measures
- Calculated fields
Improved Authoring Experience
Go to Where a Sheet is Used
- Fast navigation to dashboards and stories
- Delayed Loading of Content
- Any sheet, dashboard, or object hidden containers in dashboards load after with the initial view
Web and Mobile
Create Extracts in the Browser
Other Browser Improvements
- Edit tooltips
- Map settings
- Rely on device biometrics to unlock app
- iOS + Android
- Data Quality Warnings
- Stay on top of your data, no matter where you are
Tableau 2019.3 is here and full of new innovations to bring users closer to their data. Highlights include:
- Tableau Catalog – Tableau Catalog provides users with a complete view of all of their data and how it’s connected to their analytics—including lineage, impact analysis, and usage metrics. Tableau Catalog is available for Tableau Server and Tableau Online as part of the Data Management Add-on.
- Tableau Server Management Add-on – Tableau Server Management Add-on gives organizations running Tableau Server at scale greater manageability and control over their deployment. This new offering provides enhanced monitoring, scaling, and migration capabilities.
- Explain Data – Explain Data, a new AI-powered feature, helps users understand the “why” behind the values in their data. It provides potential explanations for unexpected data points with a single click.
That’s not all. Additional enhancements and capabilities include Data Management Add-on for Tableau Online, extract encryption at rest for Tableau Server, and connect to published data sources with Tableau Prep.